Logan leads the good life

I'll admit it - our dog is spoiled. I'll even admit I'm pretty much to blame. I love this dog - I can't imagine life with out Logan. In fact - my biggest worry so far with our adoption ... who will watch Logan for 2 weeks?
I didn't want to get a puppy, but after our 19-year old family cat died in 2000, Chris finally talked me into it. We found a litter of Weimaraners outside Pittsburgh - near Monroeville. I remember feeling sick the whole drive there - thinking to myself "I don't want a dog - it's too much of a commitment." We get out of the car and were greeted by the mother (Annabelle). They had 4 or 5 puppies left - and immediately 3 ran over and started nipping at our heels and pulling at my shoe strings. Chris took a liking to the one male - insisting he was going to be a "big one." Meanwhile, I had my eye on the little guy sleeping under a pallet propped up against a fence. "How about him?" I asked. Immediately Chris said "what's wrong with him? He's sleeping." Exactly I responded ... he's perfect.
We went back 3 weeks later when the puppies were 8 weeks old and picked up Logan. He's been sleeping in our bed ever since. He's a loyal and faithful companion (particularly to me) and a loving dog who, on occasion, will drive us crazy but we wouldn't trade him for the world.

4 Comments:
Logan is a beautiful boy!
Yep, dogs are a LOT of work, but the love we receive from them is so totally worth it!
I couldn't imagine my life without my dog either! Dogs are the best friends ever!
Yeah, another family with a Weimeraner adopting from CHina. We have one, named Zane and a Dalmatian named Ginger. YOu were right to get the quiet one... we opted 2.5 years ago for the incredibly active, inquisitve and lively one and boy is our older dog paying for it!
Love the picture.
I love you dog! I can't wait to have another one, we lost our 9 year old sweet girl in November. Do weimeraners shed? I remember babysitting for a couple who had a sweet sweet one. That might be a good choice for us since I love to run and walk and need one that isn't too small...
I'll be curious to see how he reacts to the baby..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home