Friday, June 16, 2006

Favorite Photo Friday!

This favorite photo Friday was easy – Happy Father’s Day, Dad!

My Dad surely is a special guy. He has been very influential in my life and continues to be. I look to him for direction and guidance – and so have many other people…


My Dad taught science to 5th and 6th graders for 35 years and touched the lives of so many young people – and as adults, today, most of them still think of my father as a super star. Because Chris and I now live in the same community in which I grew up and where my Dad taught, it’s not unusual for me to run into a “former student”. All I have to do is say “I’m Mr. Arnold’s daughter”…and the face lights up and a story is told of “oh I remember the time when…” and they reminisce of their favorite 6th grade science lab lesson.

Although Dad retired from elementary school teaching in 2000, he continues to influence the lives of college students. We knew he couldn’t sit home and enjoy retirement too long before going to work again at Edinboro University!

He enriches our lives everyday – just by being “Dad”, and I look forward to our daughter having the best grandfather ever someday, too!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful tribute to your Dad! It is important to appreciate him and realize not everyone is fortunate enough to have such a relationship with their Dad. He must have a knack for girls with two daughters and soon to be three granddaughters! Have a great weekend!

June 16, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Chrissie,

I appreciated very much your kind words and "Father's Day" greeting to me.......it brought tears to my eyes! Thank you!!

I love you,

Dad

June 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home