Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Wanted: A Day Off

I think I need a day off. Oh sure, I have Saturday and Sunday off - and yes, I just had Memorial Day off - but I mean the kind of vacation day (or days) where you know you're off work while everyone else isn't! The kind of day off where you can roll over and look at the clock and it shows 5:55 a.m. - and you know you have atleast 3 more hours in bed if you want. The kind of day off where the hardest decision you make is - should I watch Maury or Montel?

The problem? Yes, I have plenty of vacation time - actually, the most I've ever accumulated at one time in my 13 years of working at my company. Unfortunately next year, I won't get a "paid" maternity leave. I can take 12 weeks of Family Leave, but it's all unpaid - but I can supplement it with vacation. So needless to say, I'm saving all my time for next year when we travel to China. I know it will all be worth it come next year, but for this summer - its hard (especially when my favorite past time is floating in the pool!).

I think this summer will be the first time (ever) that I'll be helping my Dad wish for rain on a regular basis ... particularly during the work week.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valeri said...

Yes, the whole family leave thing makes me angry, too. My school district is giving me two paid weeks off, that's all. We won't be able to afford me taking any more time than that off. UGH!

June 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home