Monday, June 19, 2006

Kids say the darndest things

Yesterday I had my parents, Chris' parents, our brother-in-law, Mike, and his daughter, Kate over for dinner for Father's Day. I have to chuckle as Kate seems to have taken a shine to my Mom (probably because my Mom gets very animated in response to Kate's stories). Kate gets done with her dessert, crawls over to my Mom (who's sitting on the couch) and says "My dan-ma Linne washed my blankie" (translation = My grandma Linda washed my blanket).

So my Mom replies "That's very nice, sweetheart - your blanket smells so nice (lifts it to her nose and takes a smell)". Kate then giggles and says "yup, 'cuz it had boogies in it..."

Sometimes, kids are the only people who say the darndest things ... Chris and I were recently with our group of friends. As they all frequently ask about the adoption process and how things are progressing, the one guy asked a few questions (one of which was wondering if we know what our baby looks like now). My response was "oh no - she's most likely not even born yet." He acted slightly surprised and said "yes, but a few months ago you seemed to know what she was going to look like - you said she's going to have dark hair..."

I held back a chuckle, and said "Yes - the chances of her having dark hair are pretty good - I doubt we'll be getting a red-head from China..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home