Monday, June 30, 2008

Swiffer Dusters are my Friend

My homestead of 35 years has been on the market for a month now. I think we all know when we're ready for a change, but sometimes taking that next step is tricky. There's a mixture of guilt and sadness, yet a flutter of excitement about a new(er) home, that constantly goes through my head. Are we making the right decision?

I'm not a risk-taker. I like to take the familiar route. Change makes me nervous. Despite that, I have been trudging forward with this very courageously ... going with my gut instinct, which normally works well for me, that this is the right move, the right decision, and most importantly: the right time.

Nonetheless, trying to market your home has levels of complexity -- particularly when you have a. a 16-month old that is a tornado whipping through the house, destroying everything in her path and finds it fun to smear her face on the sliding glass doors (see exhibit A, below) and b. a needy 7-year old Weimaraner that doesn't like his turf invaded or sleep time interrupted.

I've learned invaluable and fast ways to tidy up the house in no-time. Three words: Swiffers. Windex. Febreeze. My new best friends.

Exhibit A

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home