Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can't Touch This

So you're now humming the MC Hammer tune from 1990, right?

I was unaware of the relationship with children learning to walk and curiosity. Farewell to days of crawling - Carley is now strolling around at quite the pace walking. And with that, she has an insatiable desire to inspect everything.

I need to change my attitude of "you're going to get dirty and that's gross ... don't touch it" to "she's exploring her environment". So I tried today. I let her meander around the yard, exploring what she wanted, and I think the only thing she didn't try to "explore" was Logan's "piles". Here's just a sampling:

The rocks kept her busy for quite some time.




My rhododendron is looking a little sparse in the front...



She's pretty intriqued by sticks.

The strap from the lounge chair can keep her occupied for a few minutes.


Ah yes. Dandelions. Thankfully, they must taste bad, but are fun to pick.


I'm still wondering what the attraction is to a broom?


Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Miss Carley is so adorable! Her hair is getting longer and it's so cute. Now that she is exploring more, she'll really keep you on your toes! Great pictures!

May 17, 2008  
Blogger The Kiser's said...

Who needs toys when you can play with grass and rocks and brooms!

May 18, 2008  
Blogger Valeri said...

Jensen is the same way! He's done a great job picking our dandelions, too.

Carley is too precious!!!

May 25, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home