Spring Cleaning
We've been married nearly 12 years, have moved twice, and yet it amazes me how much "stuff" we have. Ok. Should I call it junk? No, we're not pack rats, but at times I do feel like Sanford and Son.
I think this time of year, we all feel the need to blow the dust off those things sitting in the basement, attic, or spare room that we just haven't used in a long, long time ... reevaluate what we really need and what we don't.
Spring cleaning. I missed it last year.
We started a few weeks ago in the basement. I'll admit we move at a snails pace, but eventually we'll get the job done: labeled boxes, everything nice and neat in storage containers, a good scrubbing of the floors.
Today I started going through old books. Let me correct myself ... my goal was to go through old books. Perhaps its because yet another good-watching reality tv show started: High School Reunion (on TV Land), but I stumbled across our yearbooks. How timely.
I found a comfy spot on the weight bench that has too many cobwebs to count and grinned as I read flattering little messages my classmates left me ... some from people I don't even remember. Here's one that made me laugh: Chrissie - to the 5th best looking girl in my history class. Stay sweet, Bob.
Thanks, Bob. Now the question lurks in my mind: Just how many girls were in our history class that year?
I think this time of year, we all feel the need to blow the dust off those things sitting in the basement, attic, or spare room that we just haven't used in a long, long time ... reevaluate what we really need and what we don't.
Spring cleaning. I missed it last year.
We started a few weeks ago in the basement. I'll admit we move at a snails pace, but eventually we'll get the job done: labeled boxes, everything nice and neat in storage containers, a good scrubbing of the floors.
Today I started going through old books. Let me correct myself ... my goal was to go through old books. Perhaps its because yet another good-watching reality tv show started: High School Reunion (on TV Land), but I stumbled across our yearbooks. How timely.
I found a comfy spot on the weight bench that has too many cobwebs to count and grinned as I read flattering little messages my classmates left me ... some from people I don't even remember. Here's one that made me laugh: Chrissie - to the 5th best looking girl in my history class. Stay sweet, Bob.
Thanks, Bob. Now the question lurks in my mind: Just how many girls were in our history class that year?

2 Comments:
You are too funny! I am giggling right now. The things kids write in yearbooks . . . that could be a whole book in itself! You are very pretty and very wonderful to be spring cleaning! I need to do that too!
That is hilarious....I just did the same thing recently...It is so funny, brings back some funny memories. Although I am very glad I am done with that part of my life!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home