The Blog that nearly Blew Away
If I have an audience anymore, you must be bored to tears with my posts (lately). I'm sorry. I've come to the conclusion that I just don't have the brain power (anymore) to write clever, witty, you'll-come-back-for-more type of posts. Usually it goes something like this: I get an idea of an update to write about. I sit down at the computer. I yawn. I check out eBay. I yawn. I think to myself that's not so great to write about. Delete. Yawn. I'm going to bed.
What a week. All I have to say is it started on Sunday night ... a scratching here, a scratching there. They're back (ok, it was only one noise in the wall). I cried. Its time to sell. (I don't know how to link up past posts - so go to January 2007 where I wrote about the uninvited guests).
Wednesday night. Thunder, Lightning. Is it spring? Where's the thunderstorm coming from in January? Our "light sleeper" sleeps through the whole storm. A couple hours later ... more wind, more rain. Buffalo running across our roof. I thought I was Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. Oh heck ... we didn't need half our roof anyways, and I'm always looking for the very best/fun way to spend $8,000.
The amazing part: we haven't heard our uninvited guest in the wall since then (perhaps he got blown away or took pity on us) and our supposed freakishly-light sleeper never made a peep. Things are looking up because, let's face it, metallic pink PediPeds always make life better. And who could resist those future-Rockette legs?

2 Comments:
I'm still checking in! I'm so sorry to hear about your roof and uninvited guests. Being a homeowner is so much fun at times, huh? Parenting, on the other hand, is so much fun but yes, quite exhausting most of the time! Love those pink shoes and adorable legs!
gosh what a rough week.
Always glad to see your updates. And honestly, your opening paragraph was pretty funny! The rest... sorry about all that.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home