Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Carleyvision

You can catagorize this little gadget under something pre-baby I would have said "I'd never own one of those." (Just for the record - minivans were under that catagory, too).
I'll admit it. I've given birth to a child who doesn't nap much, easily, soundly, blah. blah. blah. I should probably word that better: I've given birth to a child who doesn't appreciate sleep. She absolutely, positively doesn't get this from me. Nope. I love sleep. I treasure sleep. I miss sleep (yawn).

It makes me wonder at times as she's thrashing, fighting, kicking ... anything to resist the urge to fall asleep - does she think she'll miss out on something? Does she love us so much, she doesn't want to go without seeing our faces for 2 or 3 hours? There has to be a logical explanation. So I went searching for an answer. The "experts" now write all sorts of books on babies and sleep patterns. Don't read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child. It will stress you out if you have a young one who doesn't nap well either. According the "experts" - Carley should be taking two (2), yes that's TWO 2-3 hour naps per day. Ha.

You must understand that I do try. Actually, I center my entire day around getting her to nap. And, some days - I prevail. When Carley passes the 35-minute "snaps" (as I call them), I know that she could potentially be down for an hour, an hour and a half ... do I dare dream of 2 hours? And what do I do the entire time? Pace outside her door, peek in her room - seeing and listening what's going on in her room.

Now I don't have to. I can turn on Carleyvision (the picture of it didn't turn out so great, but you get "the picture"). It is the best $100. investment to date, and the channel is reliable. No commercials, no news, no weather, no talk shows. Just Carley.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

That looks like the cutest station ever created! :o) I've thought about getting one of these but am on the fence until referral when I know how old my little one will be.

Thanks for sharing how helpful it is for you to have it.

Hmmm...wonder if you'll have the same sleeping issues when she's a teen? If babies only realized how good they have it! Oh for a nap....zzzzzz

August 29, 2007  
Blogger Book Voyages said...

That is too funny! I think it's practical as well. If it makes you feel any better - I never slept either - busy busy busy child, according to my Mom. Still a busy adult. Hang in there! In a blink of the eye she'll be in kindergarten and they don't get to nap - she'll be so well adjusted the other Mothers will be jealous!

Lisa Spencer

September 03, 2007  
Blogger Julie said...

I love your phrase "snaps" too funny. Hey, I'm all for whatever works. By watching Carleyvision, you won't have to pace outside her door and maybe you can actually get a nap in or something else during your mommy time.

September 07, 2007  
Blogger Kristin said...

"Carleyvision"... I'm want to TiVo her! :-)

September 13, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home