He's taking the back burner...
I know I said I wouldn't let it happen. But unless you live with a Weimaraner and know how high maintenance they can be - you just couldn't understand. I try to give the boy just as much attention as BC (before Carley). But its tough. And sometimes, I just completely lose it with him. Maybe its my hormones. Maybe they're still out-of-whack. He's taken the back burner.
For all you folks out there that don't have kids yet and consider your pets right now "your kids" ... I know where you're coming from. Believe me. I do. Right now those pets are your children. You give them your undivided attention. Anytime they want it. They want to walk? You drop dinner to put on the sneakers and go. They want fed? You forego your supper to feed them first. They're cold at night and shivering? You take the blanket and make them snug.
A baby comes into the picture, and believe me folks ... all that flys out the window.
I'm a terrible pet parent. I didn't write about his birthday. It was his 6th birthday last Sunday. I'm sorry, dear Logan. Happy Birthday to the 95 lb dog that still thinks he's the 9 lb minature poodle...you can be a complete pain the rump, but we still love you.
For all you folks out there that don't have kids yet and consider your pets right now "your kids" ... I know where you're coming from. Believe me. I do. Right now those pets are your children. You give them your undivided attention. Anytime they want it. They want to walk? You drop dinner to put on the sneakers and go. They want fed? You forego your supper to feed them first. They're cold at night and shivering? You take the blanket and make them snug.
A baby comes into the picture, and believe me folks ... all that flys out the window.
I'm a terrible pet parent. I didn't write about his birthday. It was his 6th birthday last Sunday. I'm sorry, dear Logan. Happy Birthday to the 95 lb dog that still thinks he's the 9 lb minature poodle...you can be a complete pain the rump, but we still love you.

5 Comments:
95LBS? Holy crap!
That makes Zane look like a lil peanut... well, ok, she was sick for so long and did lose 10 lbs, but even at her weight before she was 68. Your dog doesn't look big (fat) in the pictures, so it must be much taller than Zane.
hang in there... things will even out soon enough.
Sweet Logan apparently does eat well!
Everything will find it's groove.
Trust me, we were in the same boat. We had our two pups 10 years before our little one came along. As she got bigger and was able to interact more with them, that helped. The attention that we no longer were able to provide them, she filled that gap. Now they absolutely love her and same for her, so it will all work out!!
I know of what you speak... the dogs before the kids were our children... the dogs since... are pets!
Our situation with our dog is a bit opposite of yours. I have a beagle named Snoopy who has been my baby for 8 years. Jensen wants nothing to do with her at all! Snoopy on the other hand thinks Jensen is HER child and wants to be around him 24 hours a day. She doesn't care too much about us anymore. She only cares about Jensen. Of course, we think it's because he drops a lot of food on the floor and she's a vacuum cleaner ready to gobble it up! LOL
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home