37 Minutes ... well spent
Everyone tells you pre-baby that your "free time" becomes precious. Until you experience it, you have no idea just how precious your free minutes really are. You also don't realize how much time the littlest of jobs take with a new baby.
Last week, it took me just under 2 1/2 hours to get the bathroom cleaned ... a job that, pre-Carley, took me all of 30 minutes. The other day, it took me 2 hours to clean the entrance way off the garage. Pre-Carley it used to take me 45 minutes top. I am convinced that newborns have a sixth sense for when you start a task, its their time to fuss.
We spent this weekend doing our usual spring yardwork. A daunting task for just the two of us ... each one taking turns juggling (no, not literally) Carley. Today was also the first warm day we've had all spring ... full sun and that lounge chair was teasing me all afternoon. I looked at it longingly.
At 1:23, Chris said "you have until 2:00 ... enjoy". They were the best 37 minutes of free time I've had in the past 5 weeks.
Last week, it took me just under 2 1/2 hours to get the bathroom cleaned ... a job that, pre-Carley, took me all of 30 minutes. The other day, it took me 2 hours to clean the entrance way off the garage. Pre-Carley it used to take me 45 minutes top. I am convinced that newborns have a sixth sense for when you start a task, its their time to fuss.
We spent this weekend doing our usual spring yardwork. A daunting task for just the two of us ... each one taking turns juggling (no, not literally) Carley. Today was also the first warm day we've had all spring ... full sun and that lounge chair was teasing me all afternoon. I looked at it longingly.
At 1:23, Chris said "you have until 2:00 ... enjoy". They were the best 37 minutes of free time I've had in the past 5 weeks.

1 Comments:
I stand ready to have no free time! But...looks like I'll have some for quite a while longer. Ah well, I'll sleep late ;0)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home