Sunday, November 26, 2006

A rare November gift

Holy heatwave. It was beautiful in our area this weekend ... temperatures way above normal - a rare gift in late November. Last year over Thanksgiving weekend, we were shoveling our way out of snow. This year I was half tempted to pull out the lounge chair and bask in the sun.

Instead, we took advantage of today's weather to put out some Christmas lights. No, we don't go overboard ... garland with some wreaths hanging from our white fence in the front and a wreath with white lights on the front door. I keep it simple.

Meanwhile, next door, Clark Griswold has been hard at work for the past week. Egh gads ... I'm nervous to see the end result. I can tell they're multi-colored lights that outline the entire house. I'm hoping we're invited over for the big unvailing. Chris said he saw sightings of a minature sleigh and reindeer in the garage ... we'll assume that goes on the roof. And just in case you're wondering if they're the type of neighbors that leave the lights up all year - they're not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Valeri said...

I love this heat wave! Of course since we live in PA that means the temps will drop about 40 degrees in a day or two! LOL

November 27, 2006  
Blogger 4D said...

I am not complaining one bit about the heatwave. No snow = happy me!

Keep smilin!

November 28, 2006  
Blogger Kristin said...

I secretly covet the Giswold's house...

December 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home