Monday, November 06, 2006

Almost 12 hours ... and counting

...until the sonogram.

This is rather nerve-wracking. Who would have thought a sonogram would pre-occupy my mind so much? I'm trying to stay focused on what the "real" reason is for the sonogram - measurements, all body parts where they should be, size is good for 21-weeks, etc, etc...heck, I even gave a little lecture to my mother-in-law last night not to go into this tomorrow with the wrong focus. Yes, the gang will all be there for the event - Chris (obviously), my parents, and Chris' Mom.

But gosh darn it, I've got shopping to do! Is that what people feel like the night before receiving "the call" with their referral? Granted, most would know if they requested a baby girl or boy from China - but they'd be seeing their baby's face for the first time. I won't be getting that clear of a picture, but the feelings have to be similar - don't you think?

Say a little prayer all is well with Betty Shim - then say a little prayer "shim" cooperates so we can tell the sex! Until tomorrow...

4 Comments:

Blogger 4D said...

Good luck! I have friends who drank a lot of water and ate a candy bar about 1 hour before hand. Seemed to help (water for clearness or something/sugar to get the little one moving).

Keep smilin!

November 06, 2006  
Blogger Valeri said...

Can't wait to hear your news!!!!

November 06, 2006  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Waiting patiently to hear about your kiddo's plumbing....indoor or outdoor?

All the best for a great scan :0)

November 06, 2006  
Blogger Julie said...

How exciting! Seeing the referral picture was alot like giving birth. Even though we couldn't hold her in our arms, it was an amazing moment to see her sweet face! Chrissie, enjoy every moment!

November 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home