Would you have guessed this is my news?
We found out the end of July that I’m pregnant. See, I promised you some good stuff...
I’ve held off on posting this until my second checkup, which was last week. I’m now 13 weeks pregnant and everything seems to be going along just fine. I have been extremely fortunate. No nausea – just tired here and there. I feel so lucky that I’m having an easier-than-usual pregnancy (according to the numerous women I work with that have had children), and I hope it continues that way. Other than being scared to death of what lies ahead (and that would be labor and delivery...), I'm doing great. No complaints.
Of course the first question that came to our mind(s) and I’m sure yours is … what about the adoption? The only answer that seems logical to us at this point is: We need to take one baby at a time, and this one appears to definitely be coming first (with the current rate of referrals). My due date is March 23, 2007 - nearly one year to the day of being DTC.
I’ve held off on posting this until my second checkup, which was last week. I’m now 13 weeks pregnant and everything seems to be going along just fine. I have been extremely fortunate. No nausea – just tired here and there. I feel so lucky that I’m having an easier-than-usual pregnancy (according to the numerous women I work with that have had children), and I hope it continues that way. Other than being scared to death of what lies ahead (and that would be labor and delivery...), I'm doing great. No complaints.
Of course the first question that came to our mind(s) and I’m sure yours is … what about the adoption? The only answer that seems logical to us at this point is: We need to take one baby at a time, and this one appears to definitely be coming first (with the current rate of referrals). My due date is March 23, 2007 - nearly one year to the day of being DTC.

9 Comments:
Congrats Chris and Chrissie! I am so thrilled for you! I'll be right here as a sounding board as you make your way through this! The whole process is exciting and terrifying...but you will do great!
Wow- and YAY!!!! I'm so happy for you! I'm so in the dark about the adoption thing, I don't have any advice for you. I have a couple friends in the computer who may be of more help though.
You'll do just fine. It's so normal to be worried, but you know what? The majority of pregnancies go just fine. Try to relax, and enjoy the ride. My only piece of "YOU MUST DO THIS" advice is to keep a journal. Even a composition notebook will do. Because the next 9 months will go so fast, and you'll hate that you can't remember how things felt. I kick myself everyday for not writing down all that I felt, experienced. Congrats again, and let me know if you need ANYTHING!!
A very sweet and sincere congratulation. Wishing you the best.
Lisa
Oh, I'm so happy for you! Congrats a million times over. Out of that first trimester already :0)
You WILL do great. It will be a whole new funky experience but one with great reward.
All the best mama and papa!
Many congrats to you!!!! What awesome news!
I'm very happy for you both:) What great news!!!
OMG!! Great news...congrats to y'all!
Holy Smokes! Congratulations Chrissie. I am so thrilled for you!Wow! What a dream come true. At least you know your due date! I was so surprised when I checked in on you today.....guess we'll need to have someone take over the book swap for you. I am glad that you are feeling okay.
Lisa (Spencer)
How special for you to carry one child in your heart and one child in your tummy!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home