Saturday, August 05, 2006

Your Face is going to Freeze that Way

Remember when you were young, you’d cross your eyes and instantly your Mom would say “Honey, don’t do that – your eyes are going to freeze that way”?

Last weekend, my parents and I traveled to Virginia to see my sister, brother-in-law, and my two nieces. Maybe because I know I’m “officially” going to be a mother next year, I tune in more to things I say now to the Kelli and Kacie.

Now let me just preface this part by saying that becoming like my Mom is definitely not a bad thing. If I can do half as good of a job raising my little one(s) as she did – I’ll be happy. If I could have half her ambition and motivation – I know I’d get a lot more done. If I could have half her talent in the kitchen – Chris would weigh a ton and I’d be nearly the perfect housewife. The list goes on and on ... my Mom is a definite keeper.

Although the extreme heat had us house-bound for most of the weekend, we did manage to pull out the pool on Sunday. I pulled out the camera, and the girls start making faces. I laugh. My Mom reminds me “it will egg them on more – stop it.” I laugh again. Then the Mom-like statement flys out of my mouth without even thinking twice about saying it “Girls, stop it – your face is going to freeze that way.”

Yep - I've become my Mom.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wait until your little one makes you made...then the "mom-isms" really come flying out!

August 06, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

Hi Chrissie, I couldn't find an email address for you, so thought I would leave this comment and hope you read it.
My husband and I are with CCAI and our LID is 4/3 too! So I think it would be safe to say we are probably going to travel together and meet our babies together! I would love to email with you

August 07, 2006  
Blogger Catherine said...

My email address is
Emmalinelola@aol.com
Hope to hear from you!
Catherine

August 07, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home