Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Dog Days of Summer

I think the past few days are what they refer to as “the dog days of summer”. It is a scorcher, but of course, I'm enjoying it. I don't think you'll ever hear me complaining about the heat. Mucho-pool time this weekend! Do I dare say the pool is so warm it's hardly refreshing?

On a similar note … my parents went to see the “Al Gore” movie – An Inconvenient Truth. I got the 35-minute condensed version from my Dad (a retired Science teacher). So when Dad gets done highlighting some of the statistics –my first question is “gosh, what can I do to make a difference?” (I thought using a non-aerosol hairspray was good enough). Dad explained that conserving electricity helps (using low-wattage light bulbs, etc)…so I decided that my contribution would be: I’m not going to be so quick to flick on that central air for the rest of the summer. I’m sorry, folks – I tried, I really tried…but it’s just down right hot.

Speaking of dogs … I found this article on the Rumor Queen’s site the other day. If you’re a dog-owner, it’s pretty interesting. It deals with “preparing” your pooch for baby’s arrival. My favorite piece of advice: If your dog sleeps in bed with you, try and get him or her used to sleeping elsewhere (out of the bed) in preparation of co-sleeping. Uh-huh. Okay. Apparently the author of that article has never experienced a night’s sleep with Logan. A thunderstorm couldn’t move that dog out of the bed.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's miserable here too. We have been trying to stay inside. I am glad to see you have been enjoying the pool!

July 16, 2006  
Blogger dreamer said...

LOL!!! I read that article too... good luck with Logan, perhaps he needs a sleeping buddy? We have an extra dog here if you want to 'borrow' her... Zane is available!!!!

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Valeri said...

My dog Snoopy is the same way when there's a thunderstorm. She's the biggest baby on the face of the earth!!

July 17, 2006  
Blogger Chicky said...

I feel your pain! I've tried so hard to keep the air turned down, but when it hits 3 digit temps, all bets are off.
I'll be green in the winter...I have so many cute sweaters and sweatshirts!! LOL

July 18, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home