Girls Rule
I mean I think all women think this at some point in their life – but now those words have more powerful meaning to my niece, Kate. At nearly 3 years old (in September), she’s learned men (ok, little boys) don’t necessarily have the upper hand. Sunday afternoon was a prime example…My parents had a 4th of July picnic, and my cousin, Beth, was in town with her two kiddies – Noah (who is 3 weeks older than Kate) and Anna (17 months). My Mom bought a basket full of toys, and immediately Noah stakes his claim on the Nerf football. In no time, Kate decides it’s her turn to play with the football. Noah disagreed.
Like they say on Survivor – Outwit, Outplay, Outlast – and Kate did. I felt like Jeff Probst watching an immunity challenge unfold. She outran Noah, outwitted him by telling him she’d share (just to get the football), and outlasted the poor boy by holding on to it for dear life (although occasionally waving it in his face) – despite Noah’s protests.
The picture is the point at which Kate runs up to Noah and announces “I feel like being mean.” You go girl. I, of course, was of no help to Noah as I sat there holding back waves of laughter. I managed to catch the moment on camera, and it’s priceless.
Don’t worry, the evening ended with a nice hug between the two – and wave goodbye from victorious Kate.

1 Comments:
Too funny! You are such a great photographer and a wonderful writer too. I can just picture the whole thing.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home