Friday, July 21, 2006

Two in a Canoe, Black Bears, and a Cozy Cabin

We're off to camp this weekend, and I'm pretty excited about it...it's been a long time since I've camped. Both my parents are retired school teachers, so growing up we spent the majority of our summers camping (we had a motorhome - which was like traveling in luxury).

As a kid, I didn't realize how fortunate I was to have "non-working" summertime parents, but now that I work 12 months out of the year and see how "working parents" struggle with "where should my child go this week?"...I feel so lucky to have had Mom and Dad home during June, July, and August.

Anyways - I'm not sure how much we'll be "roughing" it this weekend. A group of us rented a cabin in Cook Forest. Unfortunately we can't take Logan (or perhaps I should say fortunately for our friends...), but honestly I don't think he'd fair well anyways. He likes his central air.

I'll post a few pictures next week, but for now let's hope for no bats in the cabin, no black bears invade the camp, and no capsized canoes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Valeri said...

Have fun!!

July 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun...live in the moment.

July 21, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home