Think Pink
Saturday was our 2nd annual Pink Party. What's that, you ask?The idea was originated last year by a few of us - its a spinoff on Sean "Puffy" Combs' (P Diddy) annual "White Party." Of course we couldn't use white as our color, and besides ... that's sorta boring ... so the idea of using pink was born.
We invited around 40 people and thankfully the weather was beautiful. I'd have to say the only catastrophe this year was a water main break that left us waterless for about 6 hours prior to the party.
Noon time: "Chris - there's no water..."
2:07 p.m.: Still not a drop ... should we cancel? Chris calls a port-a-potty rental place. $160.00 to rent one for the night. No thanks, we'll haul buckets of water in from the pool to flush the toilet.
4:30 p.m.: Still not a drop. Josh suggests making a sign for the bathroom: If its brown, flush it down, (can't remember the rest ... was just utterly mortified to think our guests would have to use buckets of water to flush the toilet).
5:00 p.m.: Chris and Josh go to get ice. They run into the "water guys" and the break was fixed. Water is on its way soon.
5:30 p.m.: 1/2 hour before the party starts - we have water. The "pink gods" answered our prayers.
By the way - my skirt was inspired by Project Runway. I added the pink faux fur myself.

5 Comments:
Sounds like fun was had by all! The lack of water must have made it that much more exciting. Maybe next year a little one will be at the pink party?!?!?
If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown flush it down!
LOL, kind of sad I know this, right?
I love the skirt...also, I love Project Runway and is it just me or is there something really hot about Tim Gunne?
Your skirt is too cute! I bet you enjoyed the party all that much more after the water fiasco was fixed!
Y'all look so cute in your pink!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home