There's no Crying in Baseball
The other night we were watching the Little League World Series championship. I can't give you the details of which team it was that won, but I think the game was pretty close at the end. The little kid that was up-to-bat was struck out at first base, and that's when I knew which team won as they stormed the field.
Meanwhile, the poor little kid that slid into first base and was out - started to cry. My heart broke for the boy, yet I chuckled to Chris and said "oh, he's crying." A few minutes later (as they interviewed the winning team), the camera zoomed in on the losing team again and even more boys were crying.
That's when Chris said to me - I think you're forgetting that they're only about 12 years old.
Meanwhile, the poor little kid that slid into first base and was out - started to cry. My heart broke for the boy, yet I chuckled to Chris and said "oh, he's crying." A few minutes later (as they interviewed the winning team), the camera zoomed in on the losing team again and even more boys were crying.
That's when Chris said to me - I think you're forgetting that they're only about 12 years old.

1 Comments:
Poor guys! I hope someone cheered 'em up with ice cream.
There's always next year....and they will be too cool to cry then ;0)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home