Friday, September 01, 2006

With the Blink of an eye - it's Gone

If you blink too fast, you'll miss it.

Lately, I feel like I missed it. Summer. Where did it go? I remember writing a few weeks ago about it feeling like fall. Now it really feels like it, plus the leaves are changing. The nights are cool, the grapes are ripe, school zones are back on and the drive to work is slower.

Not to mention, Ernesto is hitting us this weekend. Well, not "hitting" us like other parts of the east coast - but we're bound to get some rain tomorrow. Of course, my Dad would say we need it - we're "down" 7 1/2 inches of rain for the entire season you know. Sure, and with the way this summer was - I'm down 7 1/2 weeks of tanning weather. The weekends seemed less than desirable for pool use, and now its closed down. Like Cedar Point, Kennywood, or Kings Island ... closed for the season. Done for another year.

Ah, I miss it already.

So is there any news on the adoption front? No...nothing at all to report. Referrals just came in for LID's up to 7/22/2005. If you recall, our LID is 4/3/2006. You can do the math - by the time the rest of July '05 referrals come, that will be a 14-month wait. And to think - a year ago, we figured if we got our paperwork in and done in a "timely" manner, we'd probably be traveling to China this November. Hmmm, how things change over a year...

6 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Wow, my condo was in King's Island very close proximity. I used to love to watch the fireworks! I HAVE missed that this summer.

Still, Fall is my fave season by far...looking very forward to that :0)

September 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I love the Fall. But do relate to feeling like summer just zoomed on by. I am SO excited for school to start. Maybe then I can take a deep breath!

September 01, 2006  
Blogger t~ said...

Summer is still in the heat down here! It's hot and muggy. I do love fall, but I wouldn't trade it life down here for nothing.

I grew up going to Kings Island every summer, still have family in West Chester, Ohio. My dad would stuff my shoes with socks so I was tall enough to ride the BEAST.
awwww...memories.

September 01, 2006  
Blogger Valeri said...

We're getting pounded with rain, too. This weekend will stink for us! Boo hoo!

September 02, 2006  
Blogger Kristin said...

Damn... I feel like this has been the longest summer EVAH!

September 03, 2006  
Blogger Sugar Cookies And Hope said...

Just found your blog tonight and it is great! Summer did whiz by and it is sad to see it go. I even loved the days where it hit over 105! As a perpectually cold person, the thought of cold winter chills sends goosebumps everywhere!

September 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home