Grape juice
I love my neighborhood. This time of year, I love it even more. Our house is surrounded by grapes. Don't ask me what kind (like the "official term")...you know, they're the kind of grapes that Welch's grape juice or Smucker's jam is made from. I call them "snot grapes" because if you squeeze the insides out from the skins, it looks like, well ... snot.Anyways, I digress.
The past few days have been warm. Logan greets me at the door anxious to get outside and run. As I walk along the vineyards, the smell of grapes is overwhelming. On warm afternoons like we've had, the smell is even more intense. The whole air is filled with sweet-smelling grapes. I feel like my nose is stuck inside a glass filled with grape juice. I wish I could share the smell with you - like a scratch-n-sniff sticker!
I know I take this time of year for granted. When people stop to visit, they stand outside taking the smell all in. To me, its the "norm" in September and October.
Having all these grapes around does have its downfalls. As my birthday approaches (near the end of October), I'll share my "mouse story" with you from my 30th birthday.

3 Comments:
Thanks for the multi sensory post. Enjoy the fall because soon enough it'll be snowing!
I'm lovin' the cool picture of the grapes.
Lovely post. Great picture!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home