Monday, November 20, 2006

Have bucket ... will Travel

I'm leaving on Wednesday with my parents to head 7 hours south to visit my sister and her family for Thanksgiving. Chris is staying behind ... he has to work on Friday, he wanted to stay here with his Mom and Dad for Thanksgiving, and "Boy Wonder" wouldn't survive in a kennel. No worries - we're not making a habit of going our seperate ways for future holidays. This isn't the norm for us, and there's still some bit of guilt on my behalf for leaving.

My Mom suggested that I call the OB nurse to make sure it would be "safe" for me to travel. OK. As suspected, since I haven't had any "pregnancy issues", the nurse said it was fine - just make frequent stops to stretch and empty my bladder.

I chuckled at the suggestion. A day in the life of Chrissie lately means a restroom stop atleast every 30 minutes. At times, its ridiculous. I can't make it through a 1-hour meeting without excusing myself.

Later that night, I called my Mom back to assure her the nurse "ok'd" the trip and, I added, frequent stops should be made. Immediately Mom was concerned about a certain stretch of thruway where rest stops are not plentiful. "We're packing you a bucket" she says emphatically. And, I do believe, she's serious. In lieu of a bucket, I'm going to pack an empty Maxwell House coffee can. Atleast that has a lid ... just in case.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Oh Chrissie, that is priceless! I remember those bathroom moments when I was pregnant--by the time my due date came, I was so excited to get a catheter to my bladder when I went to the hospital!!!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Catherine in Orlando

November 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home