The delinquent Blogger
I had such good intentions of posting a few holiday pictures and a Christmas greeting to all those in blogland ... gosh, never did happen, did it? I don't think I pulled out the camera once over the holidays - not even for Logan boy.
I'm doing well and am now in my 7th month. No problems to speak of, and I can't complain. I'm eager for the end of this pregnancy and to see the 'fruits of our labor' (would that be the right cliche' to use here?). Betty Shim is proving to be an active child already - perhaps a contender for the Olympics gymnastic team? My bladder is being kicked, beaten, and bruised on a daily basis. She's a prize fighter. She's a stubborn child (much like her mother) - not listening when I ask her to please, just go back to sleep... Ah, parenthood.
The holidays were quiet for us. Folks tell me this will be the last "quiet" one for many years to come, but I'm ready for that change. I'm eager to have a little one running around, tearing into presents, and us playing the role of Santa Claus for a few years. We were fortunate to have my parents home this year. For the past few years, they've flown out west to spend the holiday with my sister and her family.
As I look back at 2006, it was a year of highs and lows. I'm ready to focus on the challenges of 2007, and I look forward to everything the year (hopefully) has in store for our family. Most importantly, I count down the days until I get to see this child that was somewhat unexpected in our life...
I'm doing well and am now in my 7th month. No problems to speak of, and I can't complain. I'm eager for the end of this pregnancy and to see the 'fruits of our labor' (would that be the right cliche' to use here?). Betty Shim is proving to be an active child already - perhaps a contender for the Olympics gymnastic team? My bladder is being kicked, beaten, and bruised on a daily basis. She's a prize fighter. She's a stubborn child (much like her mother) - not listening when I ask her to please, just go back to sleep... Ah, parenthood.
The holidays were quiet for us. Folks tell me this will be the last "quiet" one for many years to come, but I'm ready for that change. I'm eager to have a little one running around, tearing into presents, and us playing the role of Santa Claus for a few years. We were fortunate to have my parents home this year. For the past few years, they've flown out west to spend the holiday with my sister and her family.
As I look back at 2006, it was a year of highs and lows. I'm ready to focus on the challenges of 2007, and I look forward to everything the year (hopefully) has in store for our family. Most importantly, I count down the days until I get to see this child that was somewhat unexpected in our life...

4 Comments:
I was excited to see an update on your site. I had missed you! I saw your post on my site and let me tell you I was very shocked and excited to find out that you had been sending me all these wonderful and thoughtful gifts. I know life is complicated for you right now not knowing what is in store for you, but hang in there! I know there is a lot of wonderful things in store for you this year. I can't wait to see your beautiful daughter! Thank you for everything!
Kim
How good to hear from you again!
Wonderful that all is coming along well with bebe :0)
Enjoy the attempts to find a comfortable sleep position as you continue your wait!
All the best.
Been thinking about you a lot lately. I am so happy the pregnancy continues to go well. Soon enough little Betty Shim will be making her grand appearance!
I happened to stumble on to your website and I am so happy for you with everything that I have read. Congrats on the baby in the belly. It is amazing to read about an old friend and see they are doing so well, and yes, take it from me, this will be your last quiet Christmas for a while, but well worth it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home