Sunday, January 28, 2007

Move on, black cloud ... move on

I was a bit concerned how 2007 started off. No major catastrophes - just minor annoyances, but still - made me wonder if this was life's preview of 2007.

The "uninvited guests" made their way back into our home ... again. I do believe the little buggers (I could come up with a better word there, but will refrain as my Mom doesn't like it when I swear) are on a 3-year residency plan with our house. Unfortunately for them, my Dad was apparently an exterminator in his past life, and he came to our rescue by finding the wee little space where they were making their way into our attic.

3 weeks and counting ... mouse free :-)

After a weekend of straight downpour, a nice little leak showed up in our roof ... guess our spring project will now consist of what exciting color shingles we'll choose for a new roof. Ah, the joys of homeownership.

This past week has been uneventful. Do I dare jinx us by saying the black cloud that was looming over our house in January has moved on?

5 Comments:

Blogger C's Mom said...

Oh good goddess, I hope so. Me hates vermin! You poor thing.

January 28, 2007  
Blogger t~ said...

I swear, I just hung up the phone with my neighbor who thinks she has mice in her attic. Does that mean that I might have mice in my attic since we are neighbors??? How do I know?

Funny, I can't believe I clicked on your site when I did.

January 29, 2007  
Blogger Valeri said...

Yuck! Oh, that would just freak me out way too much! I had a mouse loose in my classroom once and I was a nutcase!!

January 30, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate those like creepy creatures. Except when they are in a cage and then they are cute...hehe!

February 02, 2007  
Blogger dreamer said...

ok, so how are you doing now? I'm sure you don't get asked often enough by those of us who came to know you online, but here I am, HOW ARE YOU?

February 12, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home