Monday, January 15, 2007

The boy never would have survived on the Ark...

You'd never know we lived in a climate that usually gets pretty hefty amounts of snow in the winter. I'm not complaining, mind you ... I'm a summer gal at heart, with the occasional yearning to go skiing once a season in the winter with Dad (although my skiis have been hanging in the same spot in the garage for the past 2 years...).

Its been raining here (literally) since Friday night. As if I didn't know this before, the boy never would have made it as one of Noah's "pairs" on the Ark. The Weimaraner breed as we know it would have been banished. Gone.

The dog won't go outside in the rain. All of a sudden he becomes super-bladder boy when inclement weather hits. "You wanna go outside?" we ask. No, more like persuade. As only the boy can do, he looks up at us with those big amber eyes and if he could speak, I think he would say "screw you, lady" and flops his head back on the pillow.

7 Comments:

Blogger dreamer said...

BEen thinking of you, hope you are doing well. I check in like I always did as I know it's likely you've lost quite a few contacts when you got pregnant... it's tough I'm sure with all the changes going on.

best to you and your family in the coming months. Same goes to Logan... I swear we'll ship Zane down there and they can 'hold it' together.

January 15, 2007  
Blogger C's Mom said...

Nice to hear from ya!

Love the dog pic...I think you pretty much read his mind ;0)

January 15, 2007  
Blogger dreamer said...

Chrissie, it was great to hear back from you tonight in email. Take care and make sure to keep the toilet paper, tissues, and all other paper 'products' out of Logan's reach...

I like to say that Zane's just trying to put the trash out for us.... in new and 'unusual' methods. I agree with Connie, it's nice to hear from you.

January 15, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so witty, girl! Lily doesn't like the cold snow on her paws and tries very hard to hop with just a paw or two when we bring her out. Can't say I blame either of them. I dislike the cold and rain too.

January 16, 2007  
Blogger Kramer said...

Jack does the same thing! How can the same dog who wants to go out every 30 minutes so he can get a treat go hours on end not going out when the weather gets nasty? Glad to see you posting! How are you feeling?

January 19, 2007  
Blogger GGHadden said...

Yes, I have 2 of "those kind of boys" here at home. Big babies.

January 22, 2007  
Blogger t~ said...

Now that is some funny mind reading! Great post!

January 29, 2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home