Ah, Motherhood...
I'm one month into motherhood. Wow. Its an amazing "hat" to wear, and I'm learning more and more about it everyday. The time is flying by, and Carley is growing quick. She's up to 9 pounds, and apparently the only thing she got from me is a sensitive stomach.
The 3-week mark hit and all heck broke loose with our precious new bundle of joy that slept so peacefully the first few weeks home from the hospital. Three different formulas later, we have our content babe back. We'll have to look into a second mortgage on the house as the other thing she got from me is good taste. She's on (one of the most) expensive formulas on the market. So first lesson in Motherhood ... breastfeed, I guess.
And then there've been those times when I'm home by myself with Carley and you over-analyze what the "right" thing to do is. I've taken the advice of everyone, and I try to nap when she does. I just settled myself into a comfortable spot on the couch ... Carley a few feet away from me in the bassenet, when the odor of poop overtakes me. Since we now measure our "good" and "bad" days by if Carley takes a poop, I thought to myself "good girl ... you went."
Hmmmm. She's lying there sound asleep. Do I wake her and change her diaper or do I let her be? Content. Smelly, but content. Second lesson in Motherhood ... never wake a sleeping baby.
Third lesson in Motherhood ... that Petunia Picklebottom diaper bag isn't just a hot accessory. It is to be used for packing things (i.e. extra clothing). Never go anywhere without packing an extra outfit. We're just thankful we learned this lesson while at Mom's...

5 Comments:
thank you so much for the update. Sounds like things are going along well and you're running into all the normal joys!
It was great hearing the update and seeing the new picture - she is growing so fast! I miss you at work... things just aren't the same around there without you... Hope all is going well :)
Isn't it amazing how excited we get about poop?
So good to hear from you and glad things are settling in (as much as they ever do :0)
Thanks for the update and WoW she is growing fast!
Ah Chrissie...What a sweetie your little one is!
Congrats
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home