A "Chrissie" Story
Has anyone (during adulthood) ever had their Mom buy them pj's?
Super Mom bought me some. I think it was a hint my normal "night time wear" is attrocious, and I need to spruce myself up for my upcoming hospital stay. Let me paint the picture: one of Chris' t-shirts, lounging pants - when too long just cut off at the bottom - no proper "hemming" for me, and an old Westminster College sweatshirt from 1992 as my robe.
Yep. I'm pretty at night time ... Chris certainly didn't hit the jackpot with me being any Victoria's Secret model.
My friend had a small shower for me last weekend. I pleaded with my Mom not to buy me anything. Between Christmas and her weekly trips to Gabriel Brothers, she's been overly generous with baby things, and I didn't want her thinking this shower meant "buy me more." As I'm opening the gifts, I get to a gift bag and Mom quickly explained it was "just something little".
The first thing I pulled out was a pair of pink slippers. I can do slippers. Mine are pretty ratty looking. The next thing I pull out was a pink robe. That's a Stan Herman, Super Mom explains proudly. Meanwhile, I'm thinking to myself - lord, I'm going to look like Ralphie from A Christmas Story (when his aunt sends the pink bunny suit?). Next, I pull out two night gowns.
God love her, though - she knows how to top off a gift to make it all better. Sitting in the bottom of the bag was the Today's Special Value from QVC - Philosophy makeup. Once again, she outdid herself.
So move over, Tyra Banks, and watch out Victoria's Secret ... Ralphie is taking over the runway.
Super Mom bought me some. I think it was a hint my normal "night time wear" is attrocious, and I need to spruce myself up for my upcoming hospital stay. Let me paint the picture: one of Chris' t-shirts, lounging pants - when too long just cut off at the bottom - no proper "hemming" for me, and an old Westminster College sweatshirt from 1992 as my robe.
Yep. I'm pretty at night time ... Chris certainly didn't hit the jackpot with me being any Victoria's Secret model.
My friend had a small shower for me last weekend. I pleaded with my Mom not to buy me anything. Between Christmas and her weekly trips to Gabriel Brothers, she's been overly generous with baby things, and I didn't want her thinking this shower meant "buy me more." As I'm opening the gifts, I get to a gift bag and Mom quickly explained it was "just something little".
The first thing I pulled out was a pair of pink slippers. I can do slippers. Mine are pretty ratty looking. The next thing I pull out was a pink robe. That's a Stan Herman, Super Mom explains proudly. Meanwhile, I'm thinking to myself - lord, I'm going to look like Ralphie from A Christmas Story (when his aunt sends the pink bunny suit?). Next, I pull out two night gowns.
God love her, though - she knows how to top off a gift to make it all better. Sitting in the bottom of the bag was the Today's Special Value from QVC - Philosophy makeup. Once again, she outdid herself.
So move over, Tyra Banks, and watch out Victoria's Secret ... Ralphie is taking over the runway.

3 Comments:
Great story. thanks for sharing:)
I read this a few weeks ago and didn't comment. But I want you to know I've been thinking of you frequently and wondering how you are.
I'm laughing hysterically conjuring up Ralphie images....lol!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home