Rain Man
I never watch(ed) much tv. America’s Next Top Model and Survivor – that was/is about it. Until now. I have two new “addictions”.
I feel the need to take a paragraph and explain...
The tv becomes your company during the day. In the untiring effort to promote naps, I do everything from hum holiday tunes, bounce her up and down like she’s on a merry-go-round, and walk endless miles from one end of the house to the other. While all this is going on, I keep the tv on.
Two shows, in particular, have captured my attention, and I look forward to 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. Judge Judy (on during Carley’s afternoon nap). Wheel of Fortune (on while putting her to bed).
A few weeks ago it dawned on me. My first thought was I’m a loser. I’m 33 years old, and I’m watching shows my grandmother enjoyed. Then I laughed (probably outloud and probably to myself…). I’ve become Rain man.
Please, stop me if I keep a journal on the outcome of each case.
I feel the need to take a paragraph and explain...
The tv becomes your company during the day. In the untiring effort to promote naps, I do everything from hum holiday tunes, bounce her up and down like she’s on a merry-go-round, and walk endless miles from one end of the house to the other. While all this is going on, I keep the tv on.
Two shows, in particular, have captured my attention, and I look forward to 4:00 and 7:00 p.m. Judge Judy (on during Carley’s afternoon nap). Wheel of Fortune (on while putting her to bed).
A few weeks ago it dawned on me. My first thought was I’m a loser. I’m 33 years old, and I’m watching shows my grandmother enjoyed. Then I laughed (probably outloud and probably to myself…). I’ve become Rain man.
Please, stop me if I keep a journal on the outcome of each case.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home