Sunday, November 18, 2007

Buttercup

Having grown up with a love for a Morgan named Squire and then a love/hate relationship with a Quarterhorse named Buzz, its only natural that the furry 4-foot tall Buttercup display at Target grabbed my attention. And I didn't even see her in action. The horse on display was broken ... I suspect from hundreds of little hands testing her out.

If I were a kid, Buttercup would be #1 on my Christmas list.

I was meandering through the isles looking for this hot, new-fandangled Disney cash register. At the end display I see this Shetland-sized pony. My Mom told me about Buttercup, but she's even more impressive up close. I quickly picked up the carrot. Mom told me about this feature ... she munches. Dammit. Nothing. The little girl standing next to me looked up with the same disappointed look I probably had on my face.

So tonight, as I'm thinking about the next time I can get over to Wal-Mart to see the "working" Buttercup, I've come to the conclusion that if Buttercup was invented about 20 years ago ... she would have saved my parents hundreds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home