Wednesday, March 19, 2008

365 Days Later...

Funny how a year can go by in the blink of an eye or it can seem like an eternity. I vividly remember a year ago today like it happened yesterday. I was last to go in a long line of alternating c-sections and hysterectomies. By the time it was my turn, I was debating whether I wanted a good stiff drink or a Big Mac extra value meal.
The year has been filled with highs and lows; happiness and joy; frustrations and sleepless nights. At times, I thought I was blessed with a baby who didn't appreciate sleep and had digestive issues beyond anyone's understanding. Looking back, I think I can start to understand its all catagorized as "surviving the first year".
The day was somewhat low keyed. Our wish was for a sunny, warm day - a trip to the zoo. Instead, we got fog, rain, and now snow - a trip to the pediatrician instead. For her birthday, Carley got her one-year checkup, 2 shots, a swing, a handful of new books, plenty of new clothes (including TWO bathing suits), french fries from Applebees, her two top teeth, and an early bedtime.

Happy Birthday, Carley!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Happy Birthday Sweet Girl! That picture is adorable! (Sorry it's a belated wish.) Teeth, french fries, new books and clothes are everything a one year old could ever want! Heck, it's everything any girl would want at any age! New clothes? What's that?

April 08, 2008  
Blogger Valeri said...

Belated happy birthday!

April 19, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home