What's in your Grocery Cart?
I have a hard time relating to my Mom's theory on grocery shopping; she finds it relaxing, interesting, and a challenge. She can spend endless hours in the isles ... reading ingredients, checking fat grams and sugars, pulling out the Weight Watchers point counter, etc.
Not me.
I'm in and out of there as fast as possible; usually forgetting atleast a half-dozen items I need. I used to take the time to write out detailed lists of food items catagorized by isle in the grocery store. My list now contains a mish-mosh of appointment times, phone numbers and messages, and scribbled down somewhere ... "critical" (food) items needed to get us through the week.
The other night, as I could hardly muster the energy to get to the grocery store, I weeded my way through the overcrowded isles at Wal-Mart. I got my usuals: soy milk, coffee creamer, and cereal. Other items to get us through a handful of dinners: chicken, beef, veggies, and hot dogs. Then lastly, the most important items; chocolate, chocolate, and other forms of chocolate...

Not me.
I'm in and out of there as fast as possible; usually forgetting atleast a half-dozen items I need. I used to take the time to write out detailed lists of food items catagorized by isle in the grocery store. My list now contains a mish-mosh of appointment times, phone numbers and messages, and scribbled down somewhere ... "critical" (food) items needed to get us through the week.
The other night, as I could hardly muster the energy to get to the grocery store, I weeded my way through the overcrowded isles at Wal-Mart. I got my usuals: soy milk, coffee creamer, and cereal. Other items to get us through a handful of dinners: chicken, beef, veggies, and hot dogs. Then lastly, the most important items; chocolate, chocolate, and other forms of chocolate...
So what gets you through the days?
Labels: I think I eat too much junk

2 Comments:
I'm somewhere between you and your mom. I make lists, but they are hardly organized by aisle. I may try to do that, though. What do I need to get through the day? Dr. Pepper. It is my weakness. Oh those 23 flavors. Yum.
Yum, chocolate too. I especially love dark chocolate:) I have a bag of dark chocolate chips in the fridge right now. It's my secret stash so the kids don't find them.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home