Kimora would be Proud
Typical of weather around the Great Lakes region, a cold snap can strike at any time during the autumn season. I always feel unprepared -- giving my flip flops one last look and debating if 50 degrees is slightly too cold for sporting them just one time.
This past week it was too cold. Out with the Reefs, in with the Uggs.
Carley's drawers are still sporting summer-like clothes. Perhaps its a bit of denial on my part -- hoping for that last blast of indian summer-type weather. I've procrastinated buying appropriate cold weather clothes, so last week when it was a sunny, but chilly day, I scrambled through the closets to see what I could scrounge up for warmth.
Several things that I bought for Carley last winter were too big -- packed away for the summer months, never expecting them to fit her this year thus being added to the "eBay sales" bin. I scrambled to the "eBay sales" bin last week --hoping to find warm enough clothes for a quick trip outside.
And just like a vision -- sitting at the very top of the bin -- the ever-so-stylish Baby Phat hat from last winter. A gift from grandma, and presented as follows: I found this really cute hat today. Some brand, I guess, not sure ... baby "P" hat?
So there you have it. Its always fashion first with Carley -- sporting her Baby P. Hat.

This past week it was too cold. Out with the Reefs, in with the Uggs.
Carley's drawers are still sporting summer-like clothes. Perhaps its a bit of denial on my part -- hoping for that last blast of indian summer-type weather. I've procrastinated buying appropriate cold weather clothes, so last week when it was a sunny, but chilly day, I scrambled through the closets to see what I could scrounge up for warmth.
Several things that I bought for Carley last winter were too big -- packed away for the summer months, never expecting them to fit her this year thus being added to the "eBay sales" bin. I scrambled to the "eBay sales" bin last week --hoping to find warm enough clothes for a quick trip outside.
And just like a vision -- sitting at the very top of the bin -- the ever-so-stylish Baby Phat hat from last winter. A gift from grandma, and presented as follows: I found this really cute hat today. Some brand, I guess, not sure ... baby "P" hat?
So there you have it. Its always fashion first with Carley -- sporting her Baby P. Hat.
Labels: All about Carley, Dreading winter

2 Comments:
We're doing the same thing around here. The good news (sortof)is that my little bean hasn't had any huge growth spurts, so some of last years clothes still fit. No Baby P Hats, though.
Even here in sunny CA, I've been forced to slowly pack away the summer things (really, with little kids they should just be bagged up for donations as nothing will fit by next summer!) and drag out the jeans and sweatshirts...
Of course, it's supposed to be 80 today so I guess I could have waited!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home