(Pre) Happy Birthday, Carley - Part I
A two-part post ... can you stand it?
I vividly remember two years ago today. Having found out just weeks before dear baby was breech, I was estatic to learn that a scheduled c-section would take place on March 19, 2007. All my worries and fears of childbirth flew out the window. A c-section. My prayers were answered.
Baby was fine -- just decided not to "turn". Of course, the doctor was quick to add that if she did turn pre-scheduled c-section, I could still go in and go through "natural" delivery. I was quick to shake my head. Absolutely not. Regardless of what happened in those next two weeks, I was having a c-section. Let's save a bit of wear and tear on the womanly parts, egh?
My sister, having been through two herself, warned me not to eat much the day before. At the advice, her husband chuckled and was quick to add "Jennifer vomited on the table both times". Ok. A little vomit. I can handle it. My last meal on that day before my c-section was carefully chosen: Wendy's double cheeseburger, fries, and a diet coke. I had watched my weight meticulously for 37 weeks -- why not splurge?
My neighbors came over to wish me well and bring a meal for when we returned home. My BFF came to visit for a little moral support (still trying to convince me that I will not die during childbirth), and I sat the entire day with my feet up. I had been having, what I assumed, were contractions all weekend.
The gang left. I remember watching a few episodes of The Girls Next Door and tried to sleep. Contractions haunted me on and off. Finally when the clocked reached 5 a.m. I thought to myself I made it. Today's the day.
Now let's get this over with...
I vividly remember two years ago today. Having found out just weeks before dear baby was breech, I was estatic to learn that a scheduled c-section would take place on March 19, 2007. All my worries and fears of childbirth flew out the window. A c-section. My prayers were answered.
Baby was fine -- just decided not to "turn". Of course, the doctor was quick to add that if she did turn pre-scheduled c-section, I could still go in and go through "natural" delivery. I was quick to shake my head. Absolutely not. Regardless of what happened in those next two weeks, I was having a c-section. Let's save a bit of wear and tear on the womanly parts, egh?
My sister, having been through two herself, warned me not to eat much the day before. At the advice, her husband chuckled and was quick to add "Jennifer vomited on the table both times". Ok. A little vomit. I can handle it. My last meal on that day before my c-section was carefully chosen: Wendy's double cheeseburger, fries, and a diet coke. I had watched my weight meticulously for 37 weeks -- why not splurge?
My neighbors came over to wish me well and bring a meal for when we returned home. My BFF came to visit for a little moral support (still trying to convince me that I will not die during childbirth), and I sat the entire day with my feet up. I had been having, what I assumed, were contractions all weekend.
The gang left. I remember watching a few episodes of The Girls Next Door and tried to sleep. Contractions haunted me on and off. Finally when the clocked reached 5 a.m. I thought to myself I made it. Today's the day.
Now let's get this over with...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home