Empty
Carley was apparently more ready for this than I ... the transition has been a bit more difficult for me than her. The sight of her empty crib is a little jolting -- a sign o' the times that our gal is growing up quick. Yes, at almost 3 years old I know "the books" say she's ready, but my heart is still telling me she's just a baby. The crib is safe confinement ... a safe haven.
In the next few weeks, assuming the desire for her "big girl's bed" continues (I suppose I'm secretly hoping that she wants to go back to her crib for a few more months), it will be disassembled.
For now, she's bunking in a twin bed, but we quickly learned that's not overly spacious when you have a toddler and an adult laying together. So off we go to upsize to a full (probably still not big enough, but better arrangements than what's happening now)...and besides, we (Chris and I) were used to bunking with a 95 lb dog for 7 years.
Pleased as punch with herself!

2 Comments:
We had to transition to a toddler bed at the scarily young age of 17 months when our daughter scaled the walls of her crib like it was nothing. Even after I lowered the mattress to the floor. It was a VERY rough transition. For all of us. But now I love it.
She'll do great in her big girl bed! Keep your chin up, mom!
wow! what a change, so glad to see more pics of her!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home