Monday, November 17, 2008

Arts and Crafts 101

I think being Martha Stewart-like is always a good thing. The idea inspired me over the weekend when we went to our local zoo for their annual art festival. All the art work was "painted" by various animals at the zoo. Unfortunately I don't have a good appreciation of abstract art -- it probably goes back to my hangup on non-uniform things in life.

Nonetheless, I'm all about supporting our zoo as it brought Carley much joy this past spring, summer, and fall. We selected a painting done by the giraffe -- which even included some sprigs of hay left over in the painting.

As the snow continues to pile up today (and me being delinquent in finding Carley a pair of winter boots), its evident today is not a day we can go outside. Quite frankly, I don't even want to venture outside to get the mail. Its the perfect day to use that washable paint I got at Michaels over the weekend. Doesn't every grandparent want a homemade Christmas gift?

Stay tuned for the results...

A perfectly-matched outfit ideal for painting


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger CaraBee said...

I'm not big on the abstract art either. I'm like you, I need uniformity and balance. Can't wait to see the masterpiece!

November 17, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home