Saturday, November 08, 2008

Holiday Decorating tips

My dear Carley,

We need to talk. The holiday season is quickly approaching, and you are now at the prime age for wanting to assist me with decorating the tree. Today was a little preview of what I'm in for, and I will need to mentally prepare myself for a non-uniformly decorated tree.

First, I'm not one for decorating with window clingies. I know its the Mom-thing to do, but I'm having a hard time with it. Second, its Thanksgiving, not Easter. Think turkeys, not eggs.

Although I was impressed that the Easter egg window clings kept you occupied for 30+ minutes, we need to talk about your placement. Your placement of the eggs were not, how do I state this nicely ... uniform. When we decorate the tree in another few weeks, let's focus on placement ... we'll help you reach the tippy-top of the tree with all those ornaments.

I do have to tell you, Carley, that it was amusing listening to the quiet conversation you appeared to have with each window clingy before placing them on the door. You also gave them a kiss for extra good-measure.

Don't worry ... learning to decorate is an art form. It takes time to learn. I'll teach you, but you must work with me. We'll move on from window clingies one holiday at a time.

And tonight, as I glance at the finger-smudged glass, I have to smile to myself ... nothing like a piece of Craig's Crazy Carrot Cake Cheesecake to make the misplaced eggs more tolerable.





Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger CaraBee said...

Oh Chrissie, I feel you! I am crazy obsessive about uniformity and symmetry. I have a hard time letting my daughter play with blocks, rings or really anything that stacks because I have to make it even. I don't think I'll be able to let her do the tree. Or if I do, I'll have to sneak down after she goes to bed and fix it. Tell her the tree elves came to redecorate. Those pesky elves.

November 09, 2008  
Blogger Julie said...

LOL! You are one creative momma so I'm sure you will teach Carley how to decorate well . . . someday.

November 13, 2008  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home