Please, Don't Send PETA After Me
My admiration and love of fur started at a young age. When I was in kindergarten, I asked Santa for a fur coat. My poor parents. They lived on one income, and I suppose back then, a coat like that was a small fortune. I am quite certain my Mom could tell me the exact figure she paid, but boy did I love that rabbit fur coat.
In my mind today, I'm quite sure they gathered the hides from road kill, ok?
My love for fur is still as great as it was back then, although the coat I own now is faux. Pink suede with pink faux fur on the inside. Oh yes. It is pretty. I look forward to cold weather every year just to wear it.
In our endless quest to clear out and clean up the basement (because someday our house will sell), I came across the faded pillow case covering up my prize possession on the clothes rack in the basement. Although still a bit big, perhaps two generations will be wearing that coat.
Colorful, isn't it?
Notice Logan's head peering over her right shoulder.

2 Comments:
My sister had the prettiest white rabbit coat when we were kids. She wore it EVERYWHERE. I wonder what a school would do now if a first grader walked in to class in a fur coat?
What a cute picture. I didn't notice Logan's head in the picture until you pointed it out.
Where's the picture of your pink coat?
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home